Error when trying to use the feature

Feb 12, 2009 at 2:30 PM
Edited Feb 12, 2009 at 3:28 PM
Hi,

I get the error "Request for the permission of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Security.SharePointPermission, Microsoft.SharePoint.Security, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' failed.
" when I try and use the solution.  I assume this is to do with me not updating the web.config file to Full Trust.

How do I add this to the GAC instead?

I have changed the web.config to medium trust - really don't want to go to Full trust and I get this error:
StartIndex cannot be less than zero.
Parameter name: startIndex

Cheers,
Pete.
Apr 7, 2010 at 12:13 AM

I, along with everyone else, am continuing to get the SharePointPermissions error.

The WSP should be handling GAC deployment and config changes. I'm running as Farm Admin, Local Admin and Site Collection Admin for all sites.

Looks like there's still a bad reference or missing dependency. Any help please?? This is a terrific solution and I'd love to see it at work.

Request for the permission of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.Security.SharePointPermission, Microsoft.SharePoint.Security, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c' failed.   at PhilWicklund.com.LimitedAccessReport.LimitedAccessReport.CreateChildControls()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at ASP._layouts_happenings_limitedaccess_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\f13beb44\f280cc75\App_Web_limitedaccess.aspx.ab05056e.ywbievtc.0.cs:line 0
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Jul 20, 2011 at 9:34 AM
Edited Jul 21, 2011 at 4:05 AM

Hi,

Has anybody found a resolution to this? I'm facing the same error in my environment.

Cheers.

UPDATE: Resolved by putting the DDL into the GAC manually on each WFE and doing an IISRESET. Didn't have to give the FULL trust.